Bringing students together through text written by award winning authors of color to elevate the lived experiences of children of color.
WHY ELEVATING VOICES?
Elevating Voices is a national program designed to “elevate” the voices of historically marginalized people to make their experiences visible and their voices heard. The program is designed to provide all students an equitable opportunity to excellence in teaching and learning regardless of zip code of residence.
- Three Grade-level Book Options for Grades 5-12
- Student-facing Lessons that promote discussion based on each book
- Unit Pacing Guide with lesson-by-lesson supports
- Asynchronous Professional Development for each lesson
- Social Justice Project-Based tasks for students and culminating celebrations
- Five Webinars for teachers focused on Race, Racism, and Social Injustice
- Depending on book selection, Elevating Voices timeframe ranges from 10-16 weeks, customizable to meet your classroom needs.