Bringing students together through text written by award winning authors of color to elevate the lived experiences of children of color.
WHY ELEVATING VOICES?
Elevating Voices is a national program designed to “elevate” the voices of historically marginalized people to make their experiences visible and their voices heard.
In Elevating Voices, the student experience in literacy instruction is reimagined. These instructional units will continue to allow teachers to foster in their students critical thinking and provide space for conversations with peers, teachers, and parents based on experiences - cultural and linguistic - of their own and others.
- Grade-level Book Options for Grades K-12
- Student-facing Lessons that promote discussion based on each book with built-in formative assessment
- Unit Pacing Guide with lesson-by-lesson supports with curated additional materials and identified Culturally Responsive pedagogical practices and formative assessment strategies
- Asynchronous Professional Development for each lesson
- Social Justice Project-Based tasks for students and culminating celebrations
- Five Webinars for teachers focused on Race, Race Conversations, and teaching in a Social Justice Classroom
- Depending on mode of implementation, Elevating Voices timeframe ranges from 12-16 weeks, customizable to meet your classroom needs.